TRENDS IN T.E.N.S.
Service is the “HEART” of our business.
Prescription drug abuse is killing Ohioans. The abuse of prescription pain medications and heroin - both classified as opiates - is epidemic in Ohio. Through a new service of the Ohio Attorney General's office, anyone can confidentially report people they suspect are inappropriately prescribing or distributing prescription drugs.
KNOW THE FACTS:
- Drug overdoses kill an average of four Ohioans every day.
- Since 2007, unintended drug overdoses have exceeded car crashes as the leading cause of accidental death in Ohio.
- Ohio's death rate from overdoses has jumped 372 percent since 1999, from 327 deaths that year to 1,544 in 2010, an increase largely driven by prescription drug abuse.
- Heroin is flooding Ohio because of heightened demand. People who become addicted to prescription pain medication often turn to heroin since it generally costs less and can be easier to obtain.
- TENS treatments successfully relieve pain and are a great alternative to drugs without side effects.
DRUG STORAGE AND DISPOSAL TIPS:
- Inventory all medications in your home, noting the number of pills and refills remaining.
- Keep all medicines - including over-the-counter- out of the hands of your young loved ones.
This information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments.